Sunday, March 15, 2009

Photo shoot!

I wanted to make sure that we were able to get professional photos for Gracie's 6 month birthday. I did it for Jack and I needed to do it for Gracie.

I would have liked to have gotten a family pic but Eric wasn't feeling well. Enter Nana. Thank goodness my mom was available to come to the mall and help me. Jack was SO much of a handful. Must have been that lollipop we gave him before we left. Mental note - don't give Jack sugar before photos.

So Jack would NOT stand still. It's purely a miracle that we got any pictures of him at all. But we did get a couple.







Then it was time to try to get a couple pictures of Jack and Gracie together. Combine one hyper 3 year old with a 6 month old that got woken up from her nap early and you do not get the best pics ever. They're manageable, just not quite what I was hoping for.









Then it's Gracie's turn. Mom takes Jack to McDonalds to try to cut that sugar with a little grease and I stay to have Gracie's pics. She did not want to have her picture taken. *sigh*







Our time is up. I'm so disappointed.

Mom still had Jack and I was just standing around waiting for the pictures to be processed and trying to calm Gracie down. One of the photographers had a cancellation and took some pity on me and asked if I wanted to try one more time with Gracie since I had been able to calm her down while we were waiting. So nice! And she was such a better photographer too! I finally got the pictures of Gracie that I wanted to celebrate her 6 month birthday!





She has my crooked smile!




and this one is by far my favorite. I got it in an 8x10 and have it framed in the living room. Doesn't she have brilliant eyes?

No comments: