Saturday, July 26, 2008

Grace's Room, step 1 complete

Who's idea was it to move just a couple months before having a baby?

Oh right.

Well, we've been so busy with the house that I am now completely unprepared for this kid. That being said it was time to set a date to paint her room. My mom and sister were so kind as to help. I suppose we could have done it on our own but I'm finding my independent spirit starting to wane in these last weeks.

A couple months ago I was browsing baby bedding online and found a set that I fell in love with. I happened to be on the phone with my sister and sent her the link. I NEVER would have purchased the set. Sorry, I don't like spending more on my kids crib bedding than on my own bedding. So my wonderful, generous, fabulous sister offered to buy it. She insisted, so who am I to refuse? Weeeee.

So there is the base for the room. Now to branch out from that. I took the little pillow with me to Lowe's to pick out the colors for the walls. I knew that I wanted a beige color for the walls with a wide pink stripe around the center to accent the pink in the bedding. In the 5 minutes that I was at Lowe's I managed to pick the perfect colors (if I do say so myself).

It's always a shock when you put that first roller of colored paint onto a white wall but wow am I pleased with the way it looks. I still need to do the stripe (duh, can't put tape on wet paint), and I still need a lot for the room, but the basics are done now. I have a crib, bedding, rocker (which DOESN'T match! *gasp*) and a couple outfits.

Oh, and as a side note, Leah also gets double bonus points for packing all of my painting supplies into a clear bin so that I could find them in the wall of boxes that is now consuming my basement.



Jack even got to help.



Apparently Phoebe approves of the bedding as well. Darn cats.

No comments: