Saturday, November 21, 2009

I have a lot of catching up to do

Yeah, I haven't been on here in ages. Hmmm, 6 months to be exact I think. Apologies everyone. You know, that whole life thing is getting in the way. And I couldn't possible sacrifice my facebook time to come here and actually use the creative side of my mind for a few minutes. It's much more fun to play the mindless games on facebook. Interesting. Just a thought... will I look back on myself in 5 years and wonder what the hell was so fascinating about Mafia Wars and Cafe World? I already look back and wonder what I liked so much about Mousehunt. Oh well.

Anyway. I want to make the effort because, you know, I've got loads of time on my hands now. HA! I only have Thanksgiving to host next week, Christmas shopping to do and I've only been my busiest ever at work. BUT... both birthday parties have passed, both birthday montages have been made (man do I take a lot of pictures) and it's getting dark out early so what else am I supposed to do with my time?

But I digress.

This was supposed to be post about Jack. My big boy.

It's truly amazing to see him grow. The things he's able to do. When did he get big enough for some of this stuff?

As I sit here typing Eric and Gracie are both still asleep (thank goodness at least one of my kids likes to sleep in... two if you count Eric) and Jack sits at the kitchen table practicing cutting with scissors. Finally we've found something for this kid to do that holds his attention for more than 5 minutes.

So I bought a big pack of construction paper and I'll draw a big shape on it and let him cut it out. He's getting pretty good at it too considering it's only been a week since I handed him a pair of scissors (yeah, honestly, that was hard to do and we had a long discussion about scissors only cutting paper). But I was getting tired of just drawing circles, squares and triangles. So this morning I drew him a heart.

Jack: "Ohhhhh! A HEART!"

Then I drew him a hexagon.

Jack: "OOOHHHHH! Mommy! A hexagon! I LOVE hexagons! Now draw me an octagon!!! I love octagons"

I love this kid. Only my child would get excited about shapes.

No comments: