Thursday, October 23, 2008

They say...

They say that every child is different. Yeah yeah yeah, yada yada yada. Well, that's what I thought anyway. I just KNEW that Grace would always been skinny like Jack, that it'd take her forever to grow out of clothes just like it did for Jack. I worried that she'd be a poor sleeper like Jack and I worried she'd be a poor eater like Jack.

Boy was I wrong.

Turns out every child really is different.

Jack was always in the 10th percentile for weight.
Gracie has been in the 90th percentile. She's already outgrowing her 3 month clothes and won't be two months old for about 2 weeks. Jack wore his until he was between 4 and 5 months old.

Jack was a HORRIBLE sleeper and didn't sleep through the night until after he was a year old.
Grace slept through the night this past weekend at 7 weeks old. And she's been waking only once a night since then.

Jack was a terrible eater and we couldn't get more than a couple ounces of food down him as an infant.
Grace is a champion eater and will actually over eat if I don't cut her off after a certain amount of time.

Jack was horribly colicky for so so (so so so so) long.
Grace was (what we think) colicky for about a week.

Jack was always such a serious kid. We'd just smiles out of him but he didn't give them out freely.
Grace will smile and coo every time she sees us and will even smile and coo at some of her toys.

I do hope, however that Grace takes after Jack in how fearless, energetic and smart Jack is. Well, maybe a little less energetic would be nice. I guess she does have it going for her to have him to learn after. And I know he'll teach her everything he knows. He loves his sister so much and just can't kiss and hug her enough. I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

No comments: