Monday, June 23, 2008

Farewell dear townhouse

Well it's finally here. It's the last week in our cute little townhouse. It served us well. We have a lot of memories in this house. It was our first house purchase to get us out of paying rent, this is where Jack was born, this is the only house our youngest kitty Danny has ever known. There have been a lot of long afternoons sitting in the living room watching Eric play his playstation or xbox (mostly before Jack). This was the first house that I helped to install a door (to the attic). It's also the first house that I've had to kick a door out (in my black high heel boots) because I got locked in. Any casting calls for a new Charlies Angel?

We've been here 6 1/2 years and we still managed not to get every room painted how we wanted it. But I tell you what. I had this house organized! I realized that more and more as I packed things to move. I'm going to have to find all new slick and nifty ways of organizing things in the new house now.

And now we're all packed. Kitchen is rendered useless with just some paper plates a can opener and a pizza pan left to be used. Potted plants have all been sent to mom's house and the clematis has been dug up and potted and sent to moms. I hope we didn't kill it.

Stress levels have been high but through it all I think Jack is doing absolutely fantastic. When we're packing he just runs around and amuses himself. He'll bounce from room to room to see what everyone is doing. Whenever he looks for something and it's been packed already we just tell him it's been put in a box to take to the new house. He seems to understand. At least my poor tired mind it telling me that he understands.

And now for the circus that will be our weekend. Friday morning Eric goes to work and Jack goes to daycare. Mom is coming to help me when the movers show up at dawn. At least I hope they show up at dawn. Then they take all our worldly possessions and store them over the weekend in a hot truck in a hot parking lot somewhere. Eric comes home half day at least and we have to pile all cleaning materials, my computer, the contents of my fridge and our luggage into our cars and drive down to stay with mom. Oh, how can I forget. My poor poor kitties will all be piled into my car for the 45 minute drive to my moms. Phoebe is lucky, she gets to sit on my lap but the other two have to be crammed into carriers for the trip. I fully expect to be covered in a brand new, fresh off the cat fur coat by the time I get to my moms.

I am going to do all I can to rest and relax on Saturday and Sunday because the circus resumes on Monday morning. Where we get up at the butt-crack of dawn to drive through rush hour back up to our house to a 9am settlement. Get through that as fast as possible and then race to the next settlement at 10:30. Lord help us. With any luck we'll get out of the second settlement, get to our new house and the movers will be waiting for us with my very toasty earthly possessions still in the truck from Friday.

Oh, and have I mentioned how difficult and exhausting it is to do all of this while 7 months pregnant?

Give me strength.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Good luck this week! We'll be thinking of you!

Bridget and Adam